Sunday, December 30, 2007

Where Did December Go? I Don't Know. I Don't Know.

I am a fan of Will Farrell. Not all of his stuff, but quite a bit. I became a fan in the 90s, when he was a cheerleader on SNL. Perhaps you remember the chess tournament skit, when Will and his partner said, "Where did Bobby Fisher go? I don't know! I don't know!" Though I've never been, nor never will be, a cheerleader, I have come to the same conclusion about December. Where did it go?

This is what I've come up with:
1) mailed Christmas pictures of the kids
2) an open house for J's sister
3) a birthday party for R, H, and T
4) a hair cut
5) a doctor's appointment
6) Christmas

Not much really. Pretty mundane compared to most, I'm sure. And yet . . . here we are already at the end of the month.

I'd say this is one of my biggest adjustments as a mom -- days feel very busy, yet I feel like I accomplish very little. In fact, I've come to organize my day into two categories: before nap and after nap. Not mine, just in case you're confused.

But, I'm not complaining. I have loved being home these last two months, and I mourn my transition back to work in 8 days. It's just that, in response to my dear friend K, who wondered why I haven't posted anything in a month, I couldn't think of anything incredible to post.

Hopefully this is better than nothing.

3 comments:

J. Carr said...

Always better than nothing. It is ironic though because even though I know you're busy busy busy, hearing you say it (or type it) gives your lack of blog-presence justification.

Much Love,
J

Stewart the dog and Samsonite the cat said...

It looks like you have been very busy to us! I understand your feelings and there aren't even any full time children here!

Lyz said...

Nothing feels as good as MOM saying she understands why some days not much gets done. After babysitting your actual kids.

It gets better!:)