I went back to work yesterday. And tonight, I'm feeling sorry for myself. So, I thought a little reminiscing over some summer events might make me, and maybe you, smile.

Last year, A got this bike for her birthday. She couldn't ride it until early this spring, and now look at her go! She loves to ride around in the garage while J works out on the treadmill.

JD has had two, count them TWO, bloody noses in the last two months. Before you think I'm not watching him carefully enough, just be aware that this little guy is a mover and a shaker. Both times, he was trying to walk or climb and found the floor instead. Neither bloody nose has left him leary of attempting to walk or climb anymore. In fact, last night, A was making a "fort" with the pillow cushions, and this little guy crawled over the cushions and was bouncing on top of the couch. I think we need better insurance.

The morning after his second bloody nose, he smeared dried strawberries and bananas all over his face. Who could resist that smile?

A is still in love with slides and asks to go to the swings and slides (a.k.a. park) almost every day.

A and I attempted our first craft project together -- this being a lion mask. Not that I had to clarify, I'm sure. :) She had learned about Daniel and the Lion's Den in Sunday School, but the project she came home with looked nothing like a lion. So, I attempted to one up the "lion" she came home with, and this is what we made.

Summer would not be complete without a trip to the beach with J's family, this year being no exception. The girls had a great time together, and the spent quite a bit of time digging in the sand. I am not a beach person, so I spent most of my time watching JD and shopping at the outlet mall (hurray for me). And, even three weeks later, we are still vacuuming sand out the car, stroller, etc.

This is one of my very favorite pictures from the beach. A and her cousins S and A running on the beach.
And where was JD during all of this beach excitement? In the stroller, of course. I didn't even attempt to put him on the sand. One - he still puts everything in his mouth. Two - he's a very fast crawler, and I didn't want him to escape.
Almost 9 months - July 2008

11 months - August 2006
I intentionally took this picture because it reminded me of A's first trip to the beach. Where does time go?
1 comment:
Leah was just able to ride her trike this summer too...those darn short legs of hers! Those legs are definitely getting a workout, though - she carries about 5 pounds of rocks around in the "trunk" on the back!
Right now, I'm missing back-to-school energy...
Post a Comment