Wednesday, October 01, 2008

A's first day of preschool

You know how people say that they catch themselves doing what their parents did to them? Well, ta da! I couldn't help myself. Mom took pictures of us until I think I was a sophomore and said, "That's enough." But I know, now, exactly why she did it. First days are huge! A's been ready for weeks. We went shopping for her backpack and school supplies, we packed the backpack and put it in the trunk, and then I endured about 3 weeks of, "Tomorrow, do I go to school?" My little social butterfly was ready to go. And even though this is just preschool, I felt so sad. She hardly looked back, but just marched right in, ready to go and conquer preschool, and I was left standing there thinking, 'Where did time go?'

3 comments:

J. Carr said...

Oh My. I didn't even realize that preschool started this year. Did she like it? I think her back pack is almost as big as she is :)

Lyz said...

I totally expect that next year when Leah goes to kindergarten she won't turn back. She'll be too interested in what games she can make those other kids play with her.

Hey, could you change my blog title on your list to "Modern-Day Jane"? We're trying to keep our last name off the blog. Thanks!

Hope you guys are doing well...I miss you!

Carm said...

I think you should post one of those first day of school pics of YOU! I bet you were a cutie too! I love all your pics. Keep em coming. It's so fun to see them grow and all the fun stuff you do!