
How do I sum up our trip to ND this year? Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun! The kids flew airplanes. I mean, how can you top that?

We had a picnic in the park.

We went to Velva for their 4th of July parade. My favorite part was how the announcer named EVERY person in/on each float - no kidding. And, my second favorite part was the fact that the parade only paraded down 2 city blocks, so when we saw every entry they came around for a second go-round. Very cute.

Our trip could not be complete without a ride on the choo-choo (never mind that we ride the big one to get there/go home every year). Both of my kids are train lovers, and we are happy to oblige.

Great Grandpa Jay was transferred to a nursing home so he could attend rehab/physical therapy. While we were there, we got to see his new home-away-from-home.

I love this shot. I'm glad JD sat still long enough for me to take it.

JD really, truly believes that Papa's tractors are his too. And, despite the sheepish look on his face, this ride was an absolute highlight for him. Thanks for the ride, Papa!

Just a run in the park

I loved our attempt at mini-golf. A shows true potential for golf - which I can not take credit for. JD somehow lost his ball around hole 7, even though it was a bright orange color. A few holes were completely skipped, and no one kept score. But everyone left with smiles. A week later, we passed a glow golf business, and with all confidence A announced, "Oh yeah, we should play that. I'm good at it."

We enjoyed many an evening on the lawn. Unfortunately, the mosquitoes knew we were there.

I think we went to the "sprinkle park" three times this year. Every time, JD sat with me for a good 15 minutes saying he didn't want to get wet. Eventually he decided to give it a go, and then it took quite the convincing to get him out.

A was a pro. She did a little modeling for me, before she got completely soaked.
2 comments:
My niece lives in Velva. She talked about the parade too!!! Small world.
Oh, that's funny! It IS a small world. I wonder if we sat near her!
Post a Comment