I'm not sure if my kids have ever watched an informercial, but I know they were exposed to their first one today when we were watching "Swiss Family Robinson" - such a great movie. When the commercial came on, A's first response was, "press the button to get back to the movie." I told her I couldn't on this one, and she informed me that "Daddy knows how to do that." Does that seem like a prime example of the evolution of technology on the next generation or what? I told her that you can't fast-forward on this show, so A and JD were a captive audience for some sort of amazing vacuum that bends to go under furniture. They were amazed. "You should get that, Mama." And "Wow! Do you think that makes noise?" It's a vacuum. The power of marketing, when a 5 and 3 year old want me to buy a cleaning device. I'm sure they're too young to imply that I need to clean.
No comments:
Post a Comment