Friday, August 05, 2011

Camping REALLY Close to Home

Nana and Papa gave A and JD a tee-pee this summer. It was only a matter of a few days before the begging started. You know what they wanted. "When can we sleep in the tee-peeeeeeeee?" Well, it was a beautiful evening, and we didn't have to be anywhere in the morning, so I thought, 'Why not?' Of course, they fully intended to stay out there all by themselves. But, that really freaked me out. I mean, they ARE 5 and 3. So I insisted that I join them. But, the tee-pee is really not big enough for the three of us. I mean, my really long legs wouldn't fit. So, I was told (yes, they told me) that I could sleep outside. Thank you. So I slept on the cot, and hoped, hoped, hoped that there would be no night visitors a.k.a. Rodents Of Unusual Sizes. We've seen dead possums and raccoons far too close to our house to ignore. Thankfully, it was a beautiful night, no R.O.U.S.es were sighted, and the kids slept until 7:30. I'd be willing to do it again before the summer's over.

No comments: