What does this have to do with Chevy Chase, you may ask? Our next door neighbor, Wayne, after seeing J up on the roof for hours, making sure that everything was perfect, called J "Chevy Chase." Now, I'm sure there are a few dedicated Chevy Chase fans out there, but I'm not one of them. I am, however, unfortunately aware of what Wayne was referring to. Just in case you're one of the lucky few who haven't seen National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, let's just say Chevy Chase REALLY likes to decorate with Christmas lights. And it's not the tasteful kind of decorating. It's the let's-see-how-many-neighbors-can-loose-power-because-of-all-of-my-tacky-lights kind of decorating.
So, let me be clear. J is no Chevy Chase. You did a beautiful job!

1 comment:
The lights are beautiful!!! I love all of your posts, Heather. I know it's been forever since I've seen or talked to you...probably at your wedding, but reading your blog makes me feel closer to you again. :) Sounds silly, I know, but it's the truth. I especially liked the memories of deer and geese...and I know what you mean about the "red carpet treatment" given to dogs and cats. California isn't quite as hunting friendly as the midwest like I'm used to. We're still waiting for our baby to come. My due date came and went (yesterday), so I am officially VERY IMPATIENT!! Talk to ya later...
Post a Comment