Thursday, November 08, 2007

1 Week Old

This is a pretty typical view of J D. It's a highlight each day when he can stay awake for a few minutes and show us his bright eyes. We've had several trips to the doctor this week, because he's not gaining weight and having adequate output. So, I've been diligently filling out the chart from the hospital, so I can keep track of his eating and diaper changes. I remember doing this for a few weeks when A was born, because I just couldn't trust myself to remember. J pointed out that this is the one time in life when we are actually excited to see and change bowel movements. J also mentioned, perhaps in one of his more sleep deprived moments, that he might start recording his own b.m.s. You know. "Just for fun." I'm glad he can find humor, even with this!

My dear brother, A J, requested a sighting of our parents on the blog -- so here's to you, A J! Pictures of mom are few and far between, but here's one of Dad and J D.

A has continued to be incredibly sweet with her new baby brother. She asks for "my turn" to hold the bottle, she pats his back when I'm burping him, and she insists on putting his hat back on when it falls off. J found an old Golden book from the 50s called My Baby Brother that she pretends is about her and J D. I find it amazing that a two year old can suddenly take on the role of mothering. It's pretty precious.


3 comments:

Noelle said...

He looks sooo sweet!

Stewart the dog and Samsonite the cat said...

What a handsome fella...

c3 said...

Thanks for the picture for AJ! JD is so precious in those pictures.